The League of Women Voters of Alaska (LWVAK) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tax-exempt organization. Your donation is tax deductible.
We are grateful to our members and others who support the mission of our organization to encourage the active participation of citizens in government and to increase understanding of major public policy issues. Please help us continue our efforts.
Where did your donations go in 2022-23?
In 2022-23 our voter education activities were in high gear. Other important state League actions and accomplishments:
- Adopted Mail Chimp as a means to reach all state members directly
- Launched a new legislation tracking newsletter
- Started and completed work on this new updated State website
- Opened our monthly board meetings via Zoom to all Alaska League members
- Collaborated with Maine LWV on their Digital Democracy project and organizational idea exchanges
- Reached out to rural voters with pre-elections ads in the Arctic Sounder, Bethel Delta Discovery, and Bristol Bay Times
- Continued to publish THE VOTER, our periodic newsletter
- Reinvigorated VotingRightsAlaska.org as our web page for voter information and a general election candidate guide
- Offered Ranked Choice Voting information through VotingRightsAlaska.org and a series of workshops both live and via Zoom.
- Produced a Constitutional Convention ballot measure forum via Zoom in collaboration with LWV of Tanana Valley
- Worked with ACLU Alaska, Arctic Village, and the Native American Rights Fund to press for a pre-election “cure” process for mail-in and absentee ballots, as is possible in almost half of the states, instead of our current post-election ballot rejections when inadvertent but correctable errors are made on the ballot envelope.
Donate using PayPal
Select either: Website Upgrade or the General Fund (General Fund is the first choice, click the drop down button for the Website fund).
Note: I understand by making this donation to the Website Update should funds raised exceed the amount required, any excess will be applied to the LWVAK General Fund.
Sign in (optional): If you have a PayPal account, PayPal will ask you to sign in and use that. If you don’t have a PayPal account, PayPal will ask if you want to create one. You do not have to create a PayPal account to donate. Just uncheck the option. You can also use your credit card to charge. You will enter it on the PayPal screen.
If you have a PayPal account, your address information will be sent to the LWV-Alaska so we can send you tax related information at the end of the year. If you don’t have a PayPal account, the screen will ask you to enter your address so we can send you tax related information at the end of the year. Your donation is tax-deductible.
Donate with a Check
If you would prefer to write a check, please print the form just below, fill it out, enclose the form with your check and send them to:
LWV of Alaska
PO Box 101345
Anchorage AK 99510-1345
2023 LWVAK Check Donation Form
Please download and print this form. After completing it, please enclose it with your check and send both to the LWV of Alaska. THANK YOU!!